Establishment of representation
Representation – is a legal and economic entity that performs mediation functions between the company that has formed it and its external partners.
Representation is not a distinct subject, not having legal personality and being economically dependent on the company that formed it.
The file to be submitted to the Trade Register for the establishment of a representative office in Romania must contain the following documents:
- application for registration;
- the decision of the general meeting of the shareholders/shareholders/ the decision of the sole shareholder / the decision of the board of directors / the directorate, if it is authorized to do so;
- evidence of secondary premises;
- if necessary, the opinion on the change of the destination of the collective dwelling houses;
- Evidence of payment of legal fees/charges;
- power of attorney.
For a company registered abroad to have representative offices in Romania, it is necessary to issue an authorization from the Ministry of Economy, Commerce and Business Environment of Romania.
In order to make the request for this authorization, the following are required:
- certified by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry – Registry of Commerce (in the country where the company has its headquarters), confirming the legal existence, the object of activity and the social capital of the foreign company;
- certificate of creditworthiness, originally issued by a commercial bank through which the foreign company carries out its financial operations;
- status (or memorandum of association), in copy, attesting to the organization and functioning of the foreign firm;
- empowering, in original, the head of representation issued by the foreign firm, authenticated by a lawyer or notary.
A certificate issued by the National Agency for Fiscal Administration, the General Directorate of Public Finances of the Municipality of Bucharest – the Foreign Representation and Embassy Service (in the province, from the County Financial Administration), is also filed, confirming the payment of the operating fee.
To request an online legal consultation, please fill out the FORM